[College of Continuing Studies]
DIVISION OF PROFESSIONAL AND MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
The Division of Professional and Management Development Programs offers more than three hundred programs for executives and professionals who want an opportunity to be promoted within their fields or change to new disciplines.
Professional training is offered in one of four formats:
- Certificate programs — participants receive a certificate of completion after taking the required courses
- Conferences and institutes — participants meet to discuss current issues on an annual basis
- Exam reviews — participants commit to an intense review in preparation for national exams
- Seminars and workshops — participants learn practical work techniques
The division meets the in-house training needs of organizations by bringing the classroom to the corporate facility. The division works closely with corporate executives to design cutting-edge training and frequently expands programming in order to meet market demands.
Professional training is offered in a variety of disciplines:
- Management and finance
- Health and human services
- Engineering management
- Technical communication
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Real estate
The division also provides administrative and management services to associations that want to expand their support capabilities.
Discounts are available to corporate customers through the Capstone Training Network (CTN), a membership organization that delivers specific, high-quality training programs to members in a "just-in-time" manner.
For more information, call (205) 348-6222.