Individual volunteers as well as student organizations and church, civic, school or neighborhood groups are invited to participate in the UA Day of Service. All members of the community are invited to join UA students, employees and alumni as we give back to the community we call home.
Even if you are volunteering as part of a group, you must register as an individual.
Click here to register as a volunteer
Alabama Crimson Tide Tornado Relief T-Shirt
We encourage all volunteers to show their support by wearing a Together We Stand Strong T-shirt.
- Individuals who do not already have a Together We Stand Strong T-shirt may order one by clicking here.
- All proceeds for the sale of the shirts will be donated to the UA Remembers fund. You must order your shirt(s) no later than Monday, April 16 to ensure delivery by April 21.
- If you do not have or do not wish to order a Together We Stand Strong T-shirt, any UA-logoed T-shirt is encouraged.
- While we encourage everyone to wear a UA-logoed shirt, groups who are volunteering may also wear T-shirts with their group name or logo.
- Wear clothing that will breathe and that will offer reasonable protection from thorns, brush, debris and other potential outdoor hazards. If you expect to operate power equipment, please consider the need to restrain loose sleeves, shirttails, hair or pants legs that might get snagged or caught on any equipment.
- Wear durable, fully-enclosed supportive footwear, with soles that will offer good traction on wet surfaces.
- Depending on the weather and your assigned work location, you may be exposed to direct sunlight, so consider a hat and sunscreen. You may also want to consider applying insect repellant if you find mosquitos and other flying insects bothersome.
- Please bring a refillable water bottle.
- You may also bring your own garden tools, such as rakes and hoes, work gloves, goggles, for example. Please make sure your name and contact information are clearly labeled on your personal items.
- Please do not bring chain saws or power equipment with you to check-in. If you are a skilled chain-saw or power equipment operator, please let us know by sending your name and contact information to email@example.com.
The deadline to sign up for the UA Day of Service is April 17, 2012.
Have questions about volunteering? Check out the FAQ.