ACADEMIC RECORDS AND GENERAL ACADEMIC POLICIES
- Office of The University Registrar
- Student Responsibility
- Classification of Students
- Transfers within The University
- Transfer Credit
- Academic Bankruptcy
- Examinations and Reports
- Records Policy for Students With Uncleared Financial Obligations
- Code of Academic Conduct
- Academic Warning and Academic Suspension
- Student-Athlete Satisfactory Progress
- Absence from Class and Failure To Complete Class Work
- Core Curriculum/General Education Requirements
- UA System Cooperative Exchange Program
- Second Baccalaureate Degree
OFFICE OF THE UNIVERSITY REGISTRAR
The University of Alabama has long subscribed to the ethical principles for confidentiality of student records that are recommended by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers. Following passage of the Family Education and Privacy Act of 1974 (the “Buckley Amendments”), and of subsequent amendments in 1988, 1990, and 2009 the University established policies and procedures to implement that legislation. The statement of these policies can be accessed on the Web at http://registrar.ua.edu/privacy.html.
For more information, contact The University of Alabama, Office of the University Registrar, 206 Student Services Center, Box 870134, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0134; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web site: registrar.ua.edu.
Thorough knowledge of the academic regulations and policies of the University and its academic divisions is essential for all students. Each student is expected to become familiar with the University of Alabama undergraduate catalog and to consult with the academic advisors provided by the student’s division.
Each student is responsible for selecting and registering for the courses that (a) are needed to maintain reasonable progress toward the desired degree; (b) will satisfy all requirements for the desired degree by the time the student expects to graduate; and (c) conform to University regulations. Students are expected to pursue successful completion of the courses for which they register.
Students are also responsible for the following:
- The student must maintain a current mailing address and a local residence address on file. Students may make address and phone number updates at myBama.ua.edu.
- The student must maintain his/her UA Alert via the Student Tab in myBama.
- The student must respond promptly to all communications received from the University of Alabama.